Garden tips for this week | Home & Garden
- Enjoy fresh vegetables from your garden and farmers’ markets.
- Plant rutabagas for harvest in early autumn.
- Cut back vigorous shoots of wisteria to check their growth.
- Sharpen mower blades if lawn appears brown after mowing.
- Examine trees after severe thunderstorms for damaged limbs.
- Sow parsley, dill and basil in pots for use indoors during winter.
- Allow broccoli to develop side shoots after central head has been harvested.
- Pinch mint, oregano, and savory to promote bushy growth.
- Share your harvest with a hunger center