Garden tips for this week | Home & Garden
- Purchase spring-flowering bulbs.
- Allow gourds to remain on the vine as long as possible without exposing them to frost.
- Water evergreens when the soil dries.
- Ripen green tomatoes away from the sun.
- Harvest seeds of dill, coriander and caraway by hanging stems with the seed heads enclosed inside a paper bag.
- Aerate the lawn where soil is compacted.
- Cure pumpkins for two weeks at 75 to 80 degrees F before storing them.
- Broken and diseased branches may be removed; delay other pruning until early next spring.
- Record gardening successes and failures now for reference next growing season.