The results of a new nationwide survey of 2,094 people reveals which presidential candidate Americans would most like to have a hamburger with. The survey was recently conducted by Harris Interactive on behalf of Smashburger, the nation’s fastest growing better burger restaurant.
The survey uncovered the following:
- Nearly 3 in 5, or 59 percent, of U.S. adults would most like to eat a hamburger with President Barack Obama.
- Of the 59 percent, 64 percent hail from the Midwest, 55 percent from the South, 61 percent from the Northeast and 59 percent from the West.
- Younger adults chose President Obama over their older counterparts, 64 percent of 18-34 vs. 54 percent of those 55+.
- 66 percent of women 18-34 and 45-54, respectively, would most want to have a hamburger with President Obama over 51 percent of women age 55+.
- Two in five, or 41 percent, want to grab a burger with Governor Mitt Romney.
- Of the 41 percent, 36 percent are from the Midwest, 45 percent from the South, 39 percent from the Northeast and 41 percent from the West.
- 46 percent of older adults 55+ selected Presidential candidate Governor Romney over 36 percent of younger adults 18-34.
- Similarly, 49 percent of women 55+ most want to have a hamburger with Presidential candidate Governor Romney over 34 percent of women 18-34 and 45-54, respectively.
The survey also found that Bill Clinton is the former U.S. President Americans would most want to have a hamburger with at 22 percent. Other past presidents include Abraham Lincoln, 15 percent, John F.